Monday 28 March 2016

Evaluation 4: How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

In conducting and devising my music video, digipak and poster I used many media technologies, computer programmes and internet sites. The video below shows me speaking and explaining about each media technology, computer programmes and internet sites I used and what went well and wrong.

 


Equipment - Technologies
Canon DSLR 500D Camera / Charger
Tripod
SD Card - 32GB
Apple Macbook Pro / Charger
Memory Stick - 16GB




Computer Softwares
Final Cut Pro
iMovie
iPhoto
iTunes
Quicktime Player
Adobe Photoshop
Google Chrome
Messages
Calendar
Microsoft Office

This short video shows a visual display of some of the software's I used as part of my planning, research and production process:


https://youtu.be/RFkMtgKLqNA


Internet Sites
www.wyke.ac.uk
www.youtube.com
www.google.com
www.prezi.com
www.canva.com
www.emaze.com
www.facebook.com
www.surveymonkey.com
www.dafont.com

This short video shows a visual display of the websites I have used as part of my planning, research and production process:


https://youtu.be/4YSIRHQbJys


Production Process
In order to show the different tools I used when making my music video, I did various screen recordings to demonstrate how I added and manipulated different parts of my footage.


1.

https://youtu.be/J1vjEtAzRp4

Within this first video, I demonstrate how I selected a scene and added it onto my timeline of video footage. Also, shown is how I slowed down the clip by 50% - so that the audience can see the glitter dust that my actress blows. Furthermore, I demonstrate how I added the transition 'Cross Dissolve' to make the cut of the two clips flow.

2.

https://youtu.be/PW7qdU-_t2g

Through this video, I demonstrate how I mute the selected clip so that the only sound that is heard is my chosen song: 'Magic' by Coldplay. Also, I show how I changed the scene into a Black & White filter. 

3.

https://youtu.be/Gkew5ldQB3E

Through this video demonstration, I portray how I came to the conclusion of which effect I wanted to put on the dancing scenes, along with how I did it. I decided to put an effect on Amelia to make her appear more magical as she gracefully danced.


Overall Evaluation of Media Technologies

Reflecting on all the media technologies, computer programmes and internet sites I have used to construct my music video, poster and digipak, I feel that they have all come together in helping me devise realistic and professional looking products; which would sell on the market. Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome of each product as I have worked really hard throughout all the stages of the A2 course; the planning and research criteria, the ancillary text criteria and the main text criteria. I feel that the effort in which I have put in is reflected in my final products. Nevertheless, if I was to have more time, I would experiment with overlaying female vocals over the top of the original 'Magic' soundtrack or recording my own version of the song. I would do this in order to portray the idea that Amelia is the main artist of the album, therefore, within the music video; I wouldn't have to rely so much on the narrative structure. Also, I would experiment with different colours in Photoshop which I could incorporate into my digipak and poster to portray the pop genre further. However, I am thoroughly pleased with how my final products have turned out.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A2 Media Studies Greta Swift | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig